Last updated on March 9, 2021
Singles Day, the biggest bargain event in the world, takes place every year in November. GIGA has all the information about offers, participating dealers and explains to you where this day comes from.
What is Singles Day?
Anyone who thinks that Black Friday is the day with the highest turnover for online retail is wrong: Singles Day flushes even more money into the coffers – especially in China – and is therefore considered the biggest shopping day in the world . As a day for single people, it originated in some Chinese universities in the 90s and then became a tradition that numerous retailers jumped on – especially the Chinese online retailer Alibaba, but now also many large and small shops in Germany.
When is Singles Day in Germany?
As every year, Singles Day takes place on November 11th. instead of. The reason: The 1 stands for the single who is supposed to celebrate and give presents on this day. This also explains the typical Singles Day discount campaigns such as “111 smartphones for 1 euro”, which are offered every year alongside the many other deals and discount campaigns. Experience has shown that the first deals start on the weekend before November 11th, this year on November 7th and 8th, 2020. We'll of course keep you up to date on the best offers for Singles Day.
Have you never heard of Singles Day? All information in 2 minutes summarized in the video:
Which dealers will take part in Singles Day 2020?
Last year over 50 online shops took part in Singles Day, and there will probably be a few more in 2020. The most important are:
- Amazon : Last year the Singles Day at Amazon ran under the motto “surprise offers” , 2020 could look similar. However, you can already get good deals on Amazon, because the early Black Friday offers have already started there.
- MediaMarkt : the Singles Day campaign page is already online, as are the first warm-up deals.
- Saturn : The Singles Day page is also available at Saturn, the first offers are already online.
- Lidl : The discounter Lidl also wants to get involved again this year, but the promotion page is not yet online.
- Otto : Last year there was an 11 percent coupon on fashion. Let's hope that 2020 will see a little more .
- Teufel : The audio expert from Berlin will present the “top offers of the year” on Singles Day.
- Cyberport : There were 111 deals for Singles Day in 2019, this year there may be even more .
- Galeria Kaufhof : There was a 22 percent discount on almost everything last year, maybe 2020 even higher savings .
- Alibaba, AliExpress, Gearbest and other China shops: Of course, most will be going on here on Singles Day. However, the offers for the European market are only conditionally recommendable , as they can be associated with long delivery times, possible customs duties and costly returns.