Press "Enter" to skip to content

CD Project Red: Cyberpunk 2077 between hotfix and stock crash

Last updated on March 9, 2021

The first hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 corrects many mistakes – the stock price of CD Projekt Red collapses despite a sales record.

Scene from Cyberpunk 2077
(Picture: CD Project Red/Screenshot:

The Polish developer studio CD Projekt Red has released the first major hotfix for its roleplaying game Cyberpunk 2077. The update has the version number 1.04 and is available for Windows PC as well as Playstation 4 and 5. For Xbox One and Series X/S it should be released as soon as possible – but the team doesn’t name a date.

sound the patch notes will improve overall stability, which should reduce total crashes. In addition, there are further optimizations, for example when changing from the first-person perspective to the external camera while driving a car.

Missing animations for certain NPCs have been added. There are numerous corrections for certain quests and the announced epilepsy warning.

The list is long – if you’re currently struggling with a particular problem, you should definitely take a look at the notes (and watch out for spoilers a bit). There are many reports of bugs and crashes on the net, especially on the standard versions of Xbox One and Playstation 4.

The many error messages are, according to, also the most important reason why the share price of CD Projekt Red plunged 29 percent one day after the game was released.

Shareholders seem to be concerned that the technical problems could have a long-term impact on sales and the brand.

So far, however, CD Projekt Red is doing very well: The company reports that due to strong sales figures, it has already recovered the development and marketing costs for Cyberpunk 2077.

Just came in:  Danganronpa’s creator wants to make detective games more approachable

According to information from the studio on Twitter the studio has sold about eight million copies through pre-orders alone. 59 percent of these were the PC version, the rest were the console versions. Around 74 percent of sales are attributable to digital sales channels, the other 26 percent to the stationary trade.

That would mean that Cyberpunk 2077 has already sold 4.72 million copies of the PC version on the day of launch. A few days earlier, Blizzard had reported that more than 3.5 million copies of the Shadowlands expansion for World of Warcraft had been sold by the end of the first day after its release, and that this was the best PC game result ever. This record should have been set by Cyberpunk 2077.

Read the original article here.