- Google has announced a one-year warranty extension for Pixel 4 XL units suffering from battery issues.
- The extension applies to Canada, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, and the US.
Google’s Pixel series has an ardent fanbase owing to the slick take on Android, polished camera experience, and exclusive software features. Pixels do have their fair share of issues though, and one of the more prominent problems has been battery-related issues for some Pixel 4 XL users.
Now, Google has quietly announced (h/t: 9to5Google) that it’s offering a one-year warranty extension for Pixel 4 XL users suffering from battery and power issues.
The specific problems covered are as follows:
- Not able to turn on the phone
- The phone restarts or shuts down randomly without a manual restart or shutdown
- Charging with an adapter
- Wireless charging
- The phone’s battery draining significantly faster than earlier in its use
The one-year extension doesn’t apply to all markets though, as Google says this only applies to Canada, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, and the US.
“The repair program does not apply to Pixel 4 XLs bought in Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain, or the UK, where eligible devices will be processed as part of their normal two-year manufacturer’s warranty,” Google elaborated.
Google cautions that it will need to fix any damage that prevents it from addressing the aforementioned power issues, such as a cracked screen. It adds that there may be a cost involved in fixing this damage.