- UK retailer Carphone Warehouse published two overview pages detailing the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
- The leak confirms several details that have been rumored over the past weeks.
Google has historically done a poor job of keeping Pixel details under wraps, and this year has not been an exception.
The latest leak – if we can call it that – comes courtesy of Carphone Warehouse, the major UK-based electronics retailer. The retailer has published two overview pages (1, 2) detailing the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro and confirming some information from previous rumors and assumptions. Officially, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will only launch on October 19.
Here are some tidbits of information we can glean from the pages:
- The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro will feature Google’s Tensor processor and next-gen Titan M2 security chip.
- Google claims the Tensor will provide up to 80% more performance compared to Pixel 5.
- Magic Eraser, a previously rumored feature, that will allow users to automatically remove certain elements from images.
- 50MP wide lens, 48MP telephoto lens, 12MP ultrawide lens on the back.
- The new sensor will capture 150% more light compared to the main rear camera on the Pixel 5.
- Pixel 6 Pro will offer 4X optical zoom, and 20X Super Res Zoon.
- Ultrawide 94-degree field of view for the selfie camera.
- Five years of security updates in the US.
- Up to 48h of battery life with Extreme Battery Saver.
- “All-day” battery with Adaptive Battery.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus on the front.
- IP68 water protection.
- 6.4-inch Smooth Display with adjustable refresh rate and high brightness mode.
- Offline translations in 55 languages.
- 30W fast charging.
- New Pixel Stand that is twice as powerful compared to the first gen. Up to 23W supported.
Most of these details have been rumored before, but the difference is that this is an official source we have no reason to doubt. At the time of this writing the two pages are still online.