The most popular YouTube creators have a steady income of ad revenue from their videos, but not from their Shorts. However, that’s going to change in the near future. YouTube just announced that it’s going to share ad revenue with its Shorts creators.
This is one of the main gripes that YouTube Shorts creators had. People would post their Shorts, and many of them would get exponentially more views than their standard videos. However, they couldn’t monetize those videos. That’s a bad look on YouTube’s part, as more TikTokers are starting to make a living off their videos.
But,the Google-owned company announced (via Engadget) that it’s going to bring an ad revenue sharing program. This means that creators who wrack up a lot of views on their videos will get some of the ad revenue that their videos produce.
Much like with TikTok, you see ads pop up between videos. Since Shorts, TikToks, Reels, and other short-form video platforms are meant to be viewed en masse, you can bet that people will run across a ton of ads in each sitting.
The program is still a while away, and you can apply
If you want to start earning ad revenue on your YouTube Shorts, then you’ll need to know this. First off, it’s going to be a while before you start seeing any money from your shorts. YouTube said that this program is starting early next year. So, it will be several months before the program even begins.
Not only that but there’s a pretty high mark you’ll need to clear if you want to qualify for the program. If you want to apply, you’ll need to have at least 1,000 subscribers on your account. That’s not the hardest thing in the world, but you’ll need to accrue 10 million views in a 90-day period. If you’re already passing those numbers, then all you’ll have to do is play the waiting game.
How much ad revenue will you make from the Shorts?
As you can imagine, YouTube will take a cut of the money; that’s nothing new. The company announced that it will take 55% of the ad revenue and give you the remaining 45%. That’s a pretty hefty cut, but it’s about average for YouTube.
YouTube actually said that it’s dedicated about $100 Million to the program, but only time will tell if that’s enough to bring more creators onto the platform. Who knows if this will be the thing to poke a hole in TikTok’s boat?
The post YouTube Shorts Creators Will Finally Get A Cut Of Ad Revenue appeared first on Android Headlines.